What is a Product Manager?
The Product Manager will develop and lead the overall strategy for what services WeSwim offer its swimmers and will work closely with the company directors to secure funding for the work of WeSwim.
Using standard practices in discovery and user research / feedback the product manager will formulate a roadmap of iterative enhancements across physical / digital services and platforms. Working closely with the WeSwim directors and the Content & Communications and Fundraising Managers a strong focus will be on improving the visibility of WeSwim and developing fundraising proposals to facilitate more ambitious projects.
This role is intrinsic to the survival of the organisation and the physical and mental well being of many disabled people across London.
What’s in it for you?
- This role is perfect for someone looking for a lead position, with the ability to shape the WeSwim service offering for years to come
- Build on existing product experience with exposure across digital best practices, fundraising based business planning and holistic service offering
- You will be part of a friendly and supportive team.
- It is an exciting time to join the organisation as you will be part of its initial growth and impact. You will be making a real difference to the world through inspiring change within individuals and the community.
- Access current service offering and set up user research / feedback
- Identify, scope and prioritise service improvements based on benefit and feasibility
- Agree implementations with WeSwim Directors
- Work with the Fundraising Manager and WeSwim Directors to deliver fundraising proposals to justify more ambitious projects
- Work with the Content and Communications Manager and WeSwim Directors to build the visibility of the WeSwim digital platforms within the disability and wider communities
This role will suit people who…
Whilst we would not expect anyone to have experience across all the role responsibilities you should have some experience in user research and/or as a product manager and a desire to build on that knowledge.
You will be naturally comfortable with working with a range of stakeholders to determine requirements, analysing data and feedback and converting these in a coherent roadmap and proposals.
Someone with experience of disability would be a benefit.
We proactively support diversity, in all its forms, and welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and with disabilities.
Location: Remote working:
Commitment: ~5 hrs / week
Expenses: WeSwim will cover pre agreed expenses such as travel.
Our mission is to increase the opportunities for people with disabilities to swim in London. To do this we support existing swimming clubs, launch new clubs in areas of need and provide a resource to find information on the services available.
Our primary focus is on the mental, physical and social benefits of community led clubs where everyone is welcome. With dedicated pool space and the support of our fantastic volunteers WeSwim provides welcoming and safe swimming sessions for swimmers with disabilities. Whether you are new to swimming, you need to build your confidence or you would like to work on particular exercises in the water we are here to support you.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract