What is the Club Manager?
The club manager is responsible for the overall success and feel of the club. Working closely with the Volunteer Manager, Swimmer Manager and Swim Coach, they will build a strong team that communicates effectively and supports each other to bring the club together.
Celebrating diversity, the Club Manager will motivate, inspire and encourage people to keep coming back to the swimming sessions, which they make inclusive and welcoming. Continually seeking feedback, they will improve ways the club can reach and help more disabled people.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a friendly community
- Meeting people and making new friends
- Experience supporting and developing others
- Responsibility co- running swim sessions
- People management experience
- Overall management of your respective club, the committee, its swimmers and volunteers
- Communication with volunteers and swimmers making them feel welcome
- Leading and inspiring others
- Safeguarding – being a key contact if there is a safeguarding concern
- Supporting volunteers, telling them when they did a good job and getting feedback from disabled swimmers about how their session with their volunteer went and feeding that back to them. Listening to their concerns.
- Scheduling, setting the agenda, taking minutes and assigning actions at quarterly committee meetings and feeding back to WeSwim
- Co-running swimming sessions with another manager
This role will suit people who…
Have a friendly and enthusiastic manner and enjoy working with a great diversity of people. People who are empathetic, patient, motivational, intuitive, committed, reliable.It would help to be a confident swimmer. You should be comfortable keeping track of multiple projects, assigning tasks to others and providing support and motivation to ensure they are delivered.
- Location: Ironmonger Row Baths
- Hours per week: 5 hrs, including running minimum 2 sessions /month alongside another Manager.
- Sessions Time(s): Friday evenings 7-8pm (STC)
- Training: Task specific training will be provided to you as a volunteer
- Expenses: WeSwim will cover pre agreed expenses
Our mission is to increase the opportunities for people with disabilities to swim in London. To do this we support existing swimming clubs, launch new clubs in areas of need and provide a resource to find information on the services available.
Our primary focus is on the mental, physical and social benefits of community led clubs where everyone is welcome. With dedicated pool space and the support of our fantastic volunteers WeSwim provides welcoming and safe swimming sessions for swimmers with disabilities. Whether you are new to swimming, you need to build your confidence or you would like to work on particular exercises in the water we are here to support you.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract