What is a Content & Comms. Manager?
The Content & Communications Manager will develop and lead the overall communications strategy providing meaningful and inspirational content to support and align with our core values.
They will work closely with the company directors to shape the organisation’s communications to stakeholders. Through research and collaboration with other contributors, they will ensure we have an interesting rotation of subjects and issues being covered, whilst developing the overall profile and visibility of WeSwim in line with the organisation objectives.
What’s in it for you?
- This role is perfect for someone looking for a lead position, heading up the comms and content strategy.
- You will be part of a friendly and supportive team.
- Supporting disabled people to enjoy the freedom of movement of water
- Gain experience conceiving and creating content
- Building a network within the disability sport community
- It is an exciting time to join the organisation as you will be part of its initial growth and impact. You will be making a real difference to the world through inspiring change within individuals and the community.
- Help to define content and communications objectives
- Create and manage a content calendar
- Define an external communications strategy that will boost the profile of the club – spanning content syndication, digital PR and community development.
- Create, implement and manage a proactive internal communications strategy which will ensure that key messages are conveyed in a clear, consistent, accurate and engaging way.
- Create and produce regular content that informs, engages and motivates stakeholders including, volunteers, swimmers, funders.
This role will suit people who…
- Are comfortable conceiving and creating content
- Excellent writing and research skills are essential.
- Experience in either Digital PR, Content Syndication or Community Building a bonus
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organised.Someone with experience of disability would be a benefit.
- Have a friendly and enthusiastic manner and enjoy working with people. People who are compassionate.
We proactively support diversity, in all its forms, and welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and with disabilities.
Location: Remote working:
Hours/week: 5 hrs / week
Expenses: WeSwim will cover pre agreed expenses such as travel expenses.
Our mission is to increase the opportunities for people with disabilities to swim in London. To do this we support existing swimming clubs, launch new clubs in areas of need and provide a resource to find information on the services available.
Our primary focus is on the mental, physical and social benefits of community led clubs where everyone is welcome. With dedicated pool space and the support of our fantastic volunteers WeSwim provides welcoming and safe swimming sessions for swimmers with disabilities. Whether you are new to swimming, you need to build your confidence or you would like to work on particular exercises in the water we are here to support you.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract