We are excited to announce that WeSwim is looking for a new member to join the team. If you are interested in the role described below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your skills and experience that would make you a good fit for the role.
We actively welcome applicants with disabilities.
Community Engagement Officer – Role Description
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Remote (with monthly visits to London clubs)
The Community Engagement Officer will lead all efforts in three key areas:
1 Engage Local Communities:
- Understand the needs of people with disabilities in areas where WeSwim clubs do or could exist
- Reach isolated people who otherwise may not hear about WeSwim
- Increase swimmer applications
2 Building the WeSwim Community
- Facilitate connections between swimmers to build support relationships and greater independence
- Organising WeSwim events to foster social mixing and relationships between clubs, swimmers and volunteers
3 Manage new swimmer applications
- Be initial point of contact for new swimmers, support them through application and onboarding process
The Community Engagement Officer will increase WeSwim’s presence in the community through reaching out to local charities, community groups, hospitals, GPs, physiotherapists and other health professionals, attend events and fairs and networking, meeting people and promoting and engaging via social media.
They will build partnerships with local organisations, promote joint working initiatives and meet disabled people and carers.
They will be the first port of call for new disabled people joining the club, supporting them through what can be an intimidating experience. Through engaging with new groups of disabled people. They will Identify areas of London where there is demand for new clubs.
- Proactive & persistent – willing to overcome challenges to meaningfully engage with third organisations
- Research skills – an ability to collect and collate data from a variety of sources to build succinct and coherent action plans and contact lists.
- Excellent communication skills, as the key external representative of WeSwim, they will be warm, engaging, and able to tell our users stories.
- Working with others – important to have good relations with club the clubs and directors.